Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Little Blue Box

My Classy Babes DIY focus today is : Wear it!

For my 18th birthday I received my first Tiffany's little blue box. It was a gift from my parents, a signature silver heart tag "Return to Tiffany & Co." bracelet to mark my official entry into adulthood.

I wore it all the time. I had loved and unfortunately lost this bracelet years ago and never really thought twice about every receiving such a gift ever again. Until earlier this year in the Florida Keys my brother surprised me with another little blue box! How could I not forgive him for having forgot my Birthday, Christmas and everything in between...


Just recently I had embarked on a new career endeavor and was experiencing all the normal jitterbugs. Anxiety, excitement...fear. I had tucked my brothers little box away for months treating it as though it was a fine bottle of wine, not to be used unless for special occasion. I was nervous I may lose it like I had my parents Tiffany's bracelet. I needed a boost of positive reinforcement and my brother lives across the country so grabbing a quick drink the night before to de-stress was out of the question. I could not sleep all night, woke up at 5am ready to doll up and make a fabulous first impression.

Standing in front of the mirror, I felt as though something was missing... My necklace!

It had stayed locked up in its box for months since I had been gifted it. Once the clasp closed behind my neck, my outfit was complete. I was now beaming with confidence and ready to tackle the world. It was amazing to me how just a tiny object could make all the difference in my day. I have yet to take it off since. Whether I manage to loss it or not, I recognize that the confidence I obtained that morning was not from the necklace, but from the love that was gifted behind it.

I would like to encourage you to wear your most favorite bracelet, dress, pair of shoes. They were not made to stay in their boxes, they are in your wardrobe to help you shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment