Saturday, May 17, 2014

Enrichment Courses: Bobology Review

My Classy Babes DIY focus today is : Enrichment Courses

I had received a catalog from GCC - Glendale Community College regarding their community education courses earlier this Spring. I was skeptical at first as I had never really taken an enrichment class. I did had done over 100 units for credit at the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising (FIDM) or at local community colleges, but I had never taken a class just for pure pleasure. I flipped through the catalog indifferently not thinking that I would find anything of interest and I was happily surprised at the plethora of course offerings that they had. Some that had sparked my interest initially included classes on How to Make Sushi 101, Adventures in Watercolor, Conversational French, Ballroom Dancing & How to Play Golf. I continued to peruse the catalog and stopped on a section called Professional Development & Workforce training. This section was for classes that not only were for enrichment, but additionally offered a Certification in Internet Marketing accredited from GCC. I was sold.

Now with five of professor Cohen's courses under my belt I feel more than equipped to take on the complicated world of social media. As a professional graphic designer & content creator, I have managed over a dozen small business' and personal project social media campaigns. I felt savvy in social media, or so I thought I did, until after each course was over I was spinning with information and ideas of how to execute beyond optimal social media campaigns for myself and my clients.

About Bob: Bob Cohen is an experienced technology professional who specializes in training people how to use technology. With an approach that makes technology easier to understand, he teaches over 200 classes at Adult and Continuing Education programs throughout Southern California.

Bob's website is called Bobology (http://www.bobology.com/)
Not to be confused with Sam Villa's BOBology on YouTube, unless you want to know how to give a wicked modern bob haircut.

The classes I completed thus far include:

  • Social Networking for Beginners
  • Blogging for Fun & Profit
  • Secrets of Internet Marketing
  • Facebook & Social Media Marketing
  • The New Moonlighting

I would highly recommend if you live in the Greater Los Angeles area that you tap into Bob's classes. Whether you are a small business, trying to blossom a great new idea or trying to promote yourself using social media channels - I assure you that you will walk out of Bob Cohen's classes with a brand new perspective on your approach and get home ready to hit the ground running with an on pour of new ideas and insiders knowledge.

To sign up - check out Bob's Training Calendar -- some other courses you may find of interest include:  iPhones, iPads and I'm Lost Pasadena City College, WordPress Basics for Beginners Ayres Hotel Seal Beach, How to Start Your own App Business Pasadena City College

Thanks Bob.

Even if you don't live in LA or perhaps social media just isn't your thing, I would like to encourage you to investigate your local enrichment class programs. Find something that excites you! Do something for yourself today.


No comments:

Post a Comment